Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Celebration Parade in Orange, Ca





HI!

Today, I had so much fun riding in our 1952 Bentley in the Orange Park Acres 4th of July Parade!
It's a down-home celebration that everyone can enjoy! If you missed it, mark your calendar for
next year! You won't be disappointed.

I decorated the car with red, white and blue ribbons. Alison at Flower Allie made beautiful
arrangements for the front and back bumpers of the vehicle. I tied ribbons with cans to the back bumper to drag behind! I loved the noise it made and everyone heard us comin'. On each side of the car, I attached a sign that read:
"WILL YOU MARRY ME?"
Weddings and Receptions
The Jones Victorian Estate

The responses were adorable! Comments like: "Will you want to do it today?", "How much money do you have?", "Can my wife come to?", "Can I get back with you?", and finally from
one of the judges (I didn't even know there was going to be judges when we signed up!), he
said YES!! It was so much fun and so many people got a great chuckle from it!

We threw hand fulls of candy out the windows to the eagerly awaiting hands of the many children along the parade route. "Happy 4th of July, Happy 4th of July!" rang out all along the route!

Thank you so much to the beautiful and talented Ms. Fran Klovstad, the Grand Marshall, for the invitation. If you have never been to Orange, take a stroll. Our city is so diversified and beautiful with amazing people.

Orange Park Acres, you won my heart!!! My vote is for NO-rezoning! Let's keep Orange Park Acres an equestrian community it has always been! Parades like
this are so few and far between. It's the love of community that rings clear. Let's not change that!!
Thank you so much!!!! Lots and Lots of love!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment