Thursday, May 13, 2021

What is a Wedding Vignette? Ask Michelle at the Jones Victorian Estate (714) 343-1964

Hi!
What is a Wedding Vignette? 
According to Webster, "a small ornamental design filling a space in a book or carving, typically based on foliage."
To me...
"A Wedding vignette is a beautiful space with an intricate design based on detailed elements."
I love vignettes because they not only fill space but done well, the space has a personality all its own and adds a warm and charming feeling to the event. It gives the guests a peak into the personality of the Bridal couple. 
And, hopefully, they show case items that are special and important to you!

Here are a few Examples: 


We used an old door at the entrance to the back courtyard, where the ceremony is located. I felt it need a little more accent than just a door with a floral arrangement. So, for Sarah, I included a wonderfully vintage crate, vintage luggage, flowers, old tea set, books, lace, and the Bride's sign! 


Here, I used our old shutters for the seating arrangement. I painted them green and accented the shutters with not only the place cards but with photographs, vintage china and floral bouquets. To complete the look for Jade, I included an old Bistro set I painted white. 
(That's an old french watering can on the table.)


The entrance became more charming with the old door! The old door was accented by a galvanized floral box filled with flowers, lace and a special message painted on the window. 


Checkers anyone? This vignette was created with rocking chairs, an old window, galvanized tub, a watering can and a wine barrel. The wine barrel hosted a checker set I created by painting an old children's desk top. The checker pieces were cut from wood and the Bride and Groom's faces were added to the top of each piece. I found an old Checkers guide book on line and included that as well. 
The guest's loved it! 


Carissa found this lovely mirrored table that worked perfectly for her guest book table. She added the chair, the card box and the light. I added flowers and the window with the painted words "Guest Book,  xoxox Carissa and Lee" to complete the design. 


The French doors are one of my favorites for the guest seating. For Jessica, we added old crates with lace, flowers and succulents,  luggage, an engagement photograph, a vintage lamp and plates to create a lovely vignette between the French Doors. 

There are all sorts of elements that can be used to create something special for you.
I first start with "what do you love" and then the fun begins as we watch it evolve. 
What is your dream?
Call me today,
(714) 343-1964
Love,
Michelle Gregory
the Jones Victorian Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment