Saturday, April 14, 2012

A wooden cake stand with the real nature feel!

Hi!
I am so excited because so many of my Brides and Grooms are opting for a bit of "green" emphasis in their overall design for their wedding. The romantic rustic is in!!
I have "tree stumps" for the cake stand that have been carved with the initials of the Bride and Groom but I wanted something else... another choice! 
So, here is my tree branch stand. I added a twine bow but add lace to the bow or ribbon and it changes the entire look!  The main aspect is to have fun, and I did!!




I started with different types of branches in different circumferences but all cut 6" long.

I used a glass cake stand as the base to stand the twigs up and glue them together. It was really enjoyable finding the next perfect branch to accent the last! I never knew all the knots and bumps and color variations there are in just one branch!

I went all the way around squeezing them together and adding the tiny branches when necessary!

Waalaa.... a wooden twig cake stand that was easy to make! Since we have so many trees at the Estate, it was easy finding just the right old branches to cut up. 

What's your ideas?
Be Bold!
Love,
Michelle Gregory
Stylist and Coordinator
the Jones Victorian Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment