Sunday, January 29, 2012

From Inspiration to Finding Originality to Final Design....

Hi!

Today, I had fun just exploring my attic! With my faithful dog, Cricket, at my side, we had a blast thinking about items in new ways.
Let me explain. I worked with Brandi this week and we had so much fun working out her design. I'm not sure if I showed her the photo below or if she showed it to me first, all I know is that we both loved this!
So, as I was rumaging through all the supplies, I kept thinking of this lovely photo.



 I came across this old step ladder. Now, at first glance, you might be saying it's just a step ladder. Yes and No. It's a great accent piece! With a little imagination and a few props.....
 I transformed this old step ladder into a whisical design that is unique and original. I added some old
lace dollies, vintage crystal glasses and vases and topped them with flowers! Waalaa! A new twist to an original inspiration. I sent Brandi the first and  second photo through my phone and we both agreed that we just loved it.


This is how I spent part of my Sunday; creating and enjoying every minute of it. 
What are you thinking about? What is your inspiration? 
Let's get together!!
Love,
Michelle Gregory
Stylist/Coordinator
the Jones Victorian Estate


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was just thinking about your blog and wanted to see what's new. Came across this creation of yours again and it still makes me tickled with joy! I've picked up a few more pieces and want to put together more stuff! The couple hours we spent creating the center pieces was the most fun I've had. :) Looking forward to catching up soon!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete