Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hand Tinted Photographs for a Real Vintage Look!

Hi!
So, if you're working on your "vintage" look, I'd like you to consider this really easy and fun project.
Hand Tinting!
Years ago, I used paint the photographs to achieve the hand tinting look I wanted.
Today, it's really easy, cleaner and a lot more fun. Let me explain...
First, download a variety of  photographs and change the "effects" to Black and White.
Print the size you need for your frame; i.e. 5 X 7 or 4 X 6 or any size (I used 4 X 6) and print them on plain ole' copy paper. 
Let the Photograph Dry Completely!
Using colored pencils of your choice, start adding the color to the details of the image!
I use a slightly heavy hand with the colored pencils.  I then go back with a clean eraser and"blot" the color to blend and soften. 

In this first photograph, I accented the window frame. 
In the second, I added color to Allison's floral dress and lips!!!!
Remember, hand tinting is generally not for the entire photograph but rather for special touches.

 A before and after shot of the photograph!

These photographs will be added to the floral centerpiece.... check out what I'm doing below!


This is amazing, if I may say so myself. What's here?
A double-decker, wooden silverware box, lace, silver candy dish, small silver accent pieces,  silver single candelabra and a fun glass bottle table number. 
BUT, I opened the drawer... added flowers and a photograph of Brandi and Josh (my past Bride and Groom) that I used as a sample of this way-cool centerpiece!!!
Brandi, I kept my gift favor! :)

It's multi-dimensional and multi-colored and just plain beautiful!
And it's just the sample mock up!!
Thank you Flower Allie for the beautiful flowers!!!
Hand tinting! Who knew?
Smiles,
Michelle Gregory
the Jones Victorian Estate


No comments:

Post a Comment