Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wedding Stylist/Coordinator and Wedding Officiant!

Hi!

I thought I'd start this new month's posting on a personal note...

I had the distinct honor and pleasure of being the Officiant for my cousins Jinelle and Jeremy's Wedding in Rye, New York. (I now have a license from the State of New York!)  It had rained the day before and we woke up on Saturday to beautiful sunny day, crisp and gorgeous! The wedding took place on the grassy area of the Shenorock Shore Club with the spectacular backdrop of the Long Island Sound just foot steps away. 



To say I was nervous was a complete understatement. I'm used to being behind the scenes orchestrating the wedding not in front officiating.  My sister, Sue, flew out  along with my Mother for the wedding. Sue was the impromptu coordinator making me look good!

Jinelle, Jeremy and I wrote the ceremony creating a wonderful mix of humor, heart felt love, blessings and promises.
I took a page out of my favorite Pastor Mark Manning's book by saying;
"Jeremy you have kissed Jinelle before but never as your wife! You may now kiss your Bride!'



It was a truly magical experience.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my special privilege to introduce to you for the first time...
Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy and Jinelle Stent!"





That was on October 20, 2012. 
When one hears about a hurricane on the other side of the country, at times we feel removed, sad but not really effected. 

Hurricane Sandy's wrath included this lovely shore club
The nation has shrunk and now it's really personal.  
My prayers and thoughts go out to all the family, friends and people of the communities affected by this terrible disaster. 
And  special prayers and  blessings to all the wonderful people that made October 20th Wedding so incredibly spectacular at the Shenorock Shore Club including  Mr. Richard LaCoursiere, the club's general manager and my cousin. 

Lots of Love,
Michelle Gregory
the Jones Victorian Estate



No comments:

Post a Comment